Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #213 Take a Kickboxing Class

Today is Day #213 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says, take a kickboxing class.

Now today's challenge is one I can get into. Releasing some pent of aggressions about this heroin epidemic in some Tae'bow. I was pretty good at Tae'bow many years ago then I sprained my ankle doing a Tae'bow kick.

The book says,

Release some of that aggression in a kickboxing class where you'll learn to combine martial arts kicks with boxing punches for a great workout. There are many different styles of kick boxing and variants to chose from, for example, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Burmese Kickboxing, Indian adithada and French savate, to name a few.

Many of the kickboxing forms and styles have evolved into national and international competitions. As a kickboxer, you typically "fight" in rounds of varying durations (these are usually agreed upon prior to the fight). You get a great cardio workout regardless of the form of kickboxing you choose, and when you study with a spouse or a friend you can practice (and get in shape) together

Just For Today: This is a challenge I may have to look into.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment