Sunday, March 5, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #203 List Reasons You Should Be Promoted

Today is Day #203 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says come up with three reasons why you should be promoted.

The book says,

You know you are good. But can you articulate succinctly and persuasively why you should be promoted?


If not, try writing down three good reasons why you deserve a promotion. After you have requested a private meeting with your boss, let her know you understand she's a busy person. Instead of making small talk, get directly to the point.


Let her know that you enjoy working for the company. Focus on the quality and quantity of your work. Tell your boss the three reasons why you should be promoted to a new job. Know what the new job will entail and be able to share details of what qualifies you to perform the tasks expected in the new job. Explain you'll happily take new training and are eager to accept new responsibilities.


I once climbed the ladder of a job in retail. I went from sales associate to assistant manager and for a short time, manager. Let me tell you, the grass isn't greener at the top when you factor in all the many responsibilities that you now have. I did it to better myself.

Due to circumstances relating to heroin and drugs in and around our store and then learning that our son had a problem the stress burned me out.

Just For Today: I am happy in the position I have at work.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment