Saturday, March 11, 2017

A-Z Blog Challenge Update

This week the April A-Z Blogging Challenge Update is a short one. I am still getting ready for the challenge. It's heating up and coming down to the wire or D-Day. I am still a few letters short but am trying at this time not to stress too much about that.

I just recently started using the Grammarly program to help polish my posts. For years I had been using a google docs program that seemed efficient enough. I must have missed an update somewhere along the way because it now seems as if it wasn't catching everything such as misplaced comma's etc... 

Next Monday, the 20th is the big Theme Reveal Day. I have that post ready to go and it's already scheduled. First I would like to thank the amazing team of this year's April A-Z Blog Challenge. Each one of you is amazing and have been such a great help to me answering all my questions. When the announcement was made about changes this year, everyone freaked out. I did a little because I had already been thinking about the Blog Challenge late in December and now they were changing things. 

I still have no blog followers to this blog which was the one thing that I am hoping to get. I understand that. If this doesn't directly affect you, then who would really want to follow a blog that speaks words about heroin, drugs, addiction and death? 

I learned a long time ago not to be offended. I know I have a great support system of those who read my blog here, as well as those who get posts directly to their email. It takes a lot of strength to come out of the closet of stigma and start speaking out about this. 

Those of you who are doing the guest posts, thank you so much for sharing your stories. I have some really great posts coming in the month of April. To those who have shared their stories, thank you. The goal I have for April is spreading the word about awareness. I hope you stick around to read.

If you are finding this blog for the first time, this blog started after a memorial and a vigil I held in my community. We stood with many others on that day last year to say, we have enough! We need a treatment center here in Martinsburg. You can read more @ About this blog. The support we have started with about thirty and the numbers supporting our petition have grown to 1,160.

pic Blogging from A-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment