Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #143 Have A Glass of Wine

Today is Day #143 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says it's okay to have a glass of wine at the end of a difficult period.

The book says,

Unwind with a glass of your favorite wine at the end of an exhausting or difficult period. According to a number of research findings, wine is good for you if you drink it in moderation and as part of a healthy diet.

Wine has nonalcoholic phytochemicals (flavanoids and resveratrol) that prevent free radical molecules from damaging your body's cells. Studies show that wine reduces the risk of getting certain cancers and heart disease as well as slowing the progression of Alzheimers and Parkinson's disease.
For women, one five ounce glasss a day is good, but the health benefits are forfeited if you drink more.


For some a nice glass of non-alcoholic wine. Personally, I am a toddy person. I don't drink one every night but have occasionally had a hot nice toddy at the end of a day.  I make a nice hot cup of tea, a shot of Grand Mariener and add lemon and honey.

Just For Today: I will give myself permission to relax with a nice glass of wine.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment