Friday, December 9, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #133 Open The Door of Opportunites

Today is Day #133 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to mentally affirm two ways that life will get better.

The book says,

Say your boyfriend or girlfriend walks out on you. Your dog dies. Your new car is totaled by a tree limb. Your boss announces layoffs and your name is on the list.


Some days, it seems that nothing goes right. But remember what Alexander Graham Bell said about doors;
one closes and another opens but you don't often see those that open because you are staring regretfully at those that are closed.

Change is certain, and things can and do get better. Think of two ways that change could happen in positive ways for your life. Expect to be happily surprised when you stop staring at the closed doors and see the new ones opening: a new man or woman walks into your life... with dogs.


Your new job comes with a company vehicle. life is good and your are on top of the world. Relish the thought.

Too often I myself sat behind the closed door not wanting to open it. Not wanting to see what was on the other side. Honestly, I think I was afraid to see what was on the other side. Things like a new job? How will you know unless you apply for a position? How will you know if you just set at home and don't try? Opportunities don't come knocking on closed doors.

Once I got the courage to take a peek I found it wasn't so bad after all.

Just For Today: I will seek a more rational and positive outcome in the future.

pic found on Pinterest
From the book: Live Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment