Sunday, October 2, 2016

Eight Principles of Recovery and Spiritual Healing

Blessed are those poor in spirit. For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I realize that I am not God or any Higher Power. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendencies to do the wrong things and that my life is unmanageable without a Higher Power.

Blessed are those who mourn, they shall be comforted.

I believe that God and my Higher Power do exist. I matter. Only He has the power to help me recover.

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I consciously choose to commit all of my life and my will to the care and control of my Higher Power.

Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.

I openly examine and confess all my faults to myself and to God.

Blessed are those who are merciful, for they will obtain mercy.

I voluntarily submit every change in my life that my Higher Power wants to make in my life. I humbly ask to remove all of my character flaws.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

I evaluate all of my relationships. I offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for any harm I have done to others except when to do so would harm them or others.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God.

I reserve a daily time with my Higher Power for self examination and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake for they shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I yield myself to God and my Higher Power to be used to bring good to others, both by example and by my words.

pic from tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment