Sunday, October 2, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #105 Bedtime De-Stress

Today is Day #105 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says that we need to de-stress before bedtime each night.

We know that getting a good nights sleep and rest is very important to our health. Often many of us find that hard to do especially with the worries that go a long with loving an addict. I know I myself spent many nights unable to sleep.

The book says,

After a long day at work, are you tense, tossing and turning while trying to go to sleep every night?

Release stress before you go to sleep and you may find that you are able to fall asleep more quickly, have better quality of sleep, and wake up more rested and refreshed.


There are myriad ways to calm your mind and let go of the tension held in your body, including taking a warm bath, sipping a glass of wine or warm milk. listening to relaxation tapes or peaceful music, doing some deep breathing, or praying to release concerns to a higher power.


Rather than living your life stressed out, make it a point to let go of the tension accumulated throughout the day so that you get deep, restorative sleep.


Some ways that I found is a calming bath in the evening with a couple of drops of lavender oil added. I also have a sachet of lavender at the head of the bed. I drink a cup of warm tea at night. I have a sound machine that I use often.

I just went back to work and found that I needed a few weeks of melatonin therapy at night to readjust my brain.

Do you have your own ways of relaxing before bedtime to fall asleep? What are the steps you take to get a good nights rest?

Just For Today: I will close this day with serenity and drift soundly to sleep.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment