Sunday, August 28, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #71 The Family Historian

Today is Day #71 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to create a multigenerational scrapbook detailing your family history.

The book says,

Are you the keeper of family photo's?

Why not create a scrapbook with your children and spouse to trace your family lineage and document births, deaths, marriages, and other important events?

During this process, you can teach your children about their ancestry, perhaps inspire one to write a report on a famous ancestor, or learn about vital health history.

A scrapbook can contain pages with old letters, documents, deeds, and other keepsake documents.
You'll not only have hours of fun working on it and sharing it with relatives on celebratory occasions and holidays, you'll feel a sense of pride and joy at knowing the details of your family's lineage.

Back in the 1990's I started researching some of my family history on my dads side. My paternal great-great grandmother was an American Indian who was born in Virginia. I became interested in learning more about our family heritage and the culture.

My grandfather on my dads side are from a very tiny little town in Virginia. Daddy loves taking us through there when on the road traveling. He can remember so many memories about his family living there and remembers just about where all of them lived.

He is getting up in his years and I want to take another trip there and video tape his accounts so that we are able to share these memories.

Just For Today:  I am grateful for the memories!

pic from: Family Tree Quotes
From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment