Saturday, August 6, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #53 Saying No

Today is Day #53 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about saying the word no when you don't want to do something.

Saying No! Oh my gosh this exercise today is so for me!

I personally have a problem saying no. I hate it because I want to say no a lot but I'm afraid of hurting others feelings if I do. I am afraid of letting others down if I say no. Years ago the problem with saying no is why I worked so many hours.

The book says,

Sometimes the answer is a simple no, especially when you are trying to hold firm a boundary that someone is trying to push across.

If you have a hard time saying no, try this exercise. Stand in front of a mirror and practice saying,
"No, it's not possible. It's just not possible," then turn and walk away.

Think of how wonderful you will feel to be empowered to say yes and no when it suits you. You never again have to give in when you know you don't want to or it is not a good idea.

Practice until saying no is as easy as saying yes.

And that is a powerful tool in your game-of-life chest.

How many others are just like me and have a problem saying no?

Just For Today: I will say No.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment