Tuesday, July 26, 2016

National Overdose Awareness

Starting today it is likely that you will see a lot of Facebook Pages lit up Purple for this month. August 31st is International Overdose Prevention Awareness Day.



In my opinion, everyday should be overdose prevention awareness day. I gave a lot of my ribbons away on July 23rd at our meetup. One lady asked for twenty to give to those she knew so they too can rock the purple ribbon.

Just the fact that people are still overdosing on heroin here in my town and people are still dying here in my town indicates we still have a lot of work to do here in Berkeley County and Martinsburg, WV.

The stigma of this disease is still alive and kicking here in this county and city. I have talked to so many people here. There are those who have lost a loved one. There are those going through this with someone they love.

Then there are those who haven't even gotten here yet.

Rock'in Recovery


No comments:

Post a Comment