Tuesday, July 12, 2016

For Just A Minute

I am one for To Do Lists and BTW today I've already started my list for the things I need to do tomorrow- not because of procrastinating but because somehow those things seem to be categorized into the, "Tomorrow Matters"

I just realized as I'm going through the list this morning it hit me, I think I am being taught a lesson and that is the lesson of living one day at a time.

Sometimes I can't help wondering about all these lessons and tests-
are they from my Creator? or Are they reminders from Satan that he is in control of the fear that surrounds me at this moment? Boy he's so good at that isn't he?

I can tell you my faith is really being tested at this moment. I want to see that dark cloud of gloom and worry open bright and Hope rise from the ashes of all that is scattered at me feet right now.

On Saturday we went fishing for the day. As I sat with my pole in the water listening to the sounds of birds, the water slapping the bank and then all would stop for a moment and all you hear then is sound of nothingness a bottle floated past.

I couldn't help but get that song, "Message in a Bottle" stuck in my head. Then of course the song, Time in a Bottle came to mind jumbled up with the song message in a bottle and I couldn't remember all the words to the song to make any sense. I did remember a few words.

What if I could save time in a bottle?

Would it be yesterday or today? Can't I just put a little of both? What I really want to do is just stuff that one moment on Saturday into it. All the sounds of nature, with a little bit of nothingness cap it and keep it forever as a reminder of that very moment when I wasn't worried or filled with such doom and gloom.

Just for today, may I find some peace and serenity and tranquility!

© 2016 Gossip Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment