Saturday, July 30, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #46 Couple Retreat

Today is Day #46 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about taking time as a couple.

The book says,

Nothing thrives through neglect. That is especially true for romantic relationships. Lavish the kind of attention on your romantic partner that you desire yourself.

Make a reservation at one of the best bed and breakfast establishments in your area. Such accommodations usually offer intimate, cozy settings and comfortable bedrooms (sometimes with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs).

Breakfasts can range from a simple offering of freshly baked muffins with coffee and juice to an opulent gourmet feast.

Surprise your lover with a weekend getaway and watch how love blossoms.

We on this side know that loving an addict can take so much of our time and our attention and often away from our spouse.

My hubby has stood strong beside of me and for our family. We were trying to plan to go away for our 35th Anniversary but this I know will be totally impossible. We have one of our grandchildren until probably September.

Just For Today: Thinking I need Calgon to take me away!!!

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment