Friday, July 22, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #37 Join A Club

Today is Day #37 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says that we should join a club.

The book says,

One way to make your life more meaningful is to join others in working to save the planet. Sometimes things can be accomplished only when working in concert with other like-minded individuals in groups like the Sierra Club or the Rainforest Action Network.

Joining a group of people who share your feelings about a common cause can inspire you to do things you might never do on your own. Plus, there is truth that there's strength in numbers.

Although one person working alone may not be able to save a rainforest, thousands or millions of people rallying around a single goal might just accomplish it.

Now, while I am concerned about the planet Earth, I am more concerned about the heroin epidemic here in our community. I know that things are being accomplished because of the groups coming together to work side by side.

Just since April I myself have had the courage to come forward out of the stigma of feeling alone. I have met so many wonderful people a long the way. I notice the Berkeley County Heroin Epidemic Awareness Facebook Group is growing in numbers. The Bikers Against Heroin is growing. Take for instance The Hope Dealers Group, Mom's Against Heroin Groups and Someone's Child.

It's okay to branch out, but we need to remember that everyone needs to work together because we only have one goal to accomplish here- to bring more awareness to our community. We have so much work to do.


Just For Today: I will do my part.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment