Sunday, July 17, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #35 Finding Purpose In Your Life

Today is Day #35 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy Challenge into my Just for Today and daily routine. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about finding purpose in your life and to write a mission statement of your life.

It is so funny how this challenge goes a little a long with Step #4 of NarAnon and how we are to search ourselves and make a fearless moral inventory of our lives.

The book says,


Your mission statement is a blueprint of your vision for your life. When thinking about writing a mission statement, be specific. If you want to live a happy, meaningful life, ask yourself what actions you will need to take and what values and purposes you must have to drive those actions.

What is your raison d'etre? What is the focus of your life's work? How do the things you do and the way you treat your family and other people reflect your core values?

Maybe you prefer to react as life comes at your. But if not, clarify what you want to do with your life. What will give you last peace and happiness, when, at the end of your life, you look back at how you lived?

I believe this has to be one of the hardest assignments I've ever been given to do. Here is mine:

In life, I realized that there is a purpose for myself as well as every person I have ever met. A few came into my life in what felt like to test to me. They even used me. Many taught me lessons. The majority of people brought out the best in me. Lord, I know I made a lot of messes and mistakes in life and I have never been perfect. I know my Creator is full of mercy, will help me and forgive me for not being perfect.

After I am gone I hope to remembered as a person who tried to make a difference here in my community. I want to be remembered as someone who cared about those who were broken in heart from this heroin epidemic here. Someone who helped those who felt they were alone so that they too can see that there is HOPE and they should never give up on their hopes.

Whatever I have done in this life I hope they say I did it, courageously! I hope they say I gave unselfishly.

Just for today: I will search my life for purpose and meaning.

See also: The Rules for Life

pic found at: sayings and quotes
From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment