Monday, July 11, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #29 Learn To Save A Life

Today is Day #29 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to learn to save a life.

The book says,

Imagine the happiness you would feel it you were personally able to save someone's life. Prepare by learning how to do some simple first-aid, cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and the Heimlich Maneuver.

Classes are often offered through the American Heart Association, the parks and recreation departments of many cities, and also through hospitals and clinics in community outreach programs. OR even The Red Cross offers many such as first aid.

Find a class near you and take it. Then if you witness someone who has a medical emergency, call 9-1-1. But also don't hesitate to apply what you have learned. Doing something is better than doing nothing. You may even save someone's life through quick action.

Now, there's something to be happy about!

Many, many years ago I was a Girl Scout. I took a First Aid Class to earn a badge. I worked a job years ago and had to learn CPR and maintain my card. Although I've never had to use it, I do know how to do the Heimlich if I would ever need to.

In all my life I never thought I'd ever have to take a Narcan/Naloxone Class because the life I may have to save one day would be someone I gave birth to.

Remember, the life you save may be someone that you love!

Just For Today: Today I will appreciate life.

Take A CPR Class

Take A Narcan Training Class
Also Narcan Classes are held at the BC Health Dept. (304)263-3151

From the book: Live Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment