Thursday, July 7, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #25 Affirmations And Prayer

Today is Day #25 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to memorize a prayer, affirmation or piece of spiritual writing.

The book says,

Not only is it good for your brain, but memorization of a prayer, affirmation, or a piece of profound spiritual writing can bring solace and comfort in times of crisis or deep emotional distress and give you peace.

If you were a Christian growing up in America, you may have been expected to memorize The Lords Prayer, one or more of the Psalms or Proverbs, or New Testament verses.

In outer religious traditions too, there are prayers and religious texts, mantras, and sacred verses that followers memorize.

So, close your eyes and open your heart, and mentally recite your favorite affirmation or prayer. Let the words lead you to tranquility and bliss.

My Favorite is: Walk through my house. Take away all my worries, my sadness, financial crisis and my stress; and please heal my family and my friends. Please bring quiet where there is chaos, bring light where there is darkness and put love in my heart.

Just For Today: May I find serenity and tranquility even when I don't understand.


pic @ quotes gram

No comments:

Post a Comment