Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #24 We All Need A Quiet Place

Today is Day #24 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to designate a corner in your home as your sacred space.

The book says,

Create an area in your home that can serve as a sanctuary for yoga, prayer, writing in your journal, sipping tea, reading and reflecting.
Make your sacred space a private space. Add a screen, a large plant, a curtain or something that defines and separates that space from the rest of your house.

Add a small table to hold your spiritual texts, sacred objects, candles, incense, holy oil, or prayer beads.

A window with a view of a lake or garden is an extra bonus. Otherwise hang a piece of silk, a batik, or spiritual art.

Regularly retreat to your sanctuary to reconnect with your own inner joy.

We are remodeling the spare room in our home. Although it feels like a slow process I want to do this after the work is complete. Since spring and warmer temps I have a spot outside in the backyard that is my favorite spot. It's close to the flowers blooming and under a shady tree. I often sit out there listening to the songbirds while reading a book. Do you have a favorite space?

Just For Today: I will reconnect with my inner joy even if I only retreat to my backyard.

From the book: Live Happy
pic found on Pinterest






No comments:

Post a Comment