Saturday, July 2, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #20 Balance and Harmony

Today is Day #20 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to bring balance and harmony to your life and your home.

The book says,

Put a lucky bamboo plant on your kitchen counter where it will happily enjoy some warmth. Even if you don't have a green thumb, you can successfully grow this plant. It doesn't need much light and will thrive in water (as long as the water is clean and kept the same level).

According to ancient Chinese traditions of feng shui, the lucky bamboo (not a bamboo at all but a member of the Dracaena family) creates harmony wherever it is placed in your home. It's numerous long green leaves grow out of a single stalk.

If you work from home, put a six stalk plant in your office to attract prosperity or put a three stalk plant in your bedroom to ensure longevity, wealth and happiness.


What is Feng Shui?

The simplest explanation is it is a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment

Both balance and harmony. Personally I am sensitive to when these are out of kilter in my home and especially in my life. I have turned to aromatherapy and oils as well to bring balance and harmony. Patchouli oil or Bergamot oil mixed with Frankensense or Ylang Ylang oil gives me the perfect balance.

I used to have a bamboo in the bathroom. I accidentally knocked it off and when it fell it broke the stalk. I wasn't able to get it to come back. I am going to look for another and put them in several rooms just to bring balance. I also thought about the other plants that can bring energy into my home. Here is a link to:

Nine Plants that Create Positive Energy in Your Home

Just For Today: I will find joy in relaxing and bringing balance back into my life.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment