Tuesday, July 12, 2016

At Newness Of Life

So, I wanted to write an update on our son Kyle who is already two days into his new life. He chose to go to a recovery house on Sunday, July 10, 2016. To me, he has two days now to celebrate in a year. The day he was born and they day he chose to live.

When we found him he had been doing heroin, pills and coke. He was in pretty bad shape. I had just messaged someone telling them that I had all but given up hope that I would ever be able to save him and the next minute that was exactly what I was doing.

I sent my message and the phone rang telling me if I didn't get there to him my son was going to die. Amazingly he was right there where he told that person he would be. The first step was that he was there. We talked a little about life and about living and he chose to live and fight this demon.

There isn't much to report as this is only his second day. I talked to him on the phone and he was starting to feel it but he's in good hands.

He is at the Newness of Life in Hungtington, West Virginia which will be his home for some months to come. He is five and a half hours away- ten hours round trip. I am a little torn that he is so far away from us, but for once in six months I know where he is and that he's going to get the help he needed for his second chance at living.

© 2016 Gossip Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment