Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Challenging Myself: Day #3 Find Serenity And Peace

Today is day #3 of the Nar Anon Just for today Challenge. It is funny that todays Happiness challenge is about Serenity and we know that is a big part of Nar Anon. Lord knows that I need some peace and serenity in my life right now. Even if it is just for today.

We say it in the Serenity Prayer each week at Nar Anon...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Today's Live Happy is about Aromatherapy and meditation which has been a big part of my daily routine since January. I love that the book included it. The book says,

Whenever you have a bad day, feel exasperated and struggle in a foul mood lavender can restore your serenity. Lavender is one of aromatherapy's most popular scent.

If you combine lavender with citrus, rose and/or sandalwood it can trigger memories associated with those scents. That is because the olfactory nerve carries the scent straight to your brain.

Use freshly cut flowers and crush them in a bowl sprinkle a few drops of lavender in them.
Insert some reeds (you can find them at Walmart or Michaels) in a diffuser pot with lavender oil.
Light some lavender scented candles.

I made my own. I got the tall glass plain candles at Dollar Tree and added two drops of lavender oil on the wax. I sprinkled just a little dried lavender on the top and lit the candle. Replenish oil and dried lavender as needed- about once a week.

Put lavender sachets around your home, especially at the head of your bed or inside your pillow case.

I found a CD at Walmart of Spa Music For fifteen minutes each morning I play this music and meditate

Close your eyes and allow the scent to lift your mood and remember We Never Live The Same Bad Day Over Again.

I have just since March been using meditation along with practicing aromatherapy. I am learning to combine the different oils for different purposes. For instance when I am feeling frustrated which is like everyday of the week- I combine 2 drops of Orange Oil, 2 drops of Chamomile Oil and 2 drops of Bergamot Oil.

Walmart is starting to bring a lot of the aromatherapy oils in their stores. They are located up near the pharmacy in the vitamin and supplement section.

I want to learn how to make my own oils from my herbs and flowers I have growing in the yard. How do you find serenity?

Just for today: I will allow myself fifteen minutes of peace and will not even think about anything going on in my life or the negative around me.


What Is Aromatherapy?
Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment