Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Challenge Myself: day #17 Releasing Stress

Today is Day #17 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is find a way to release some of that stress and tension.

The book says,

A massage is a great way to release the stress and tension you hold inside your body. There's nothing comparable to human touch coupled with aromatherapy to transport you into a place of relaxation and peace. If you don't like the rose scent, ask the masseuse to use sandalwood, ylang ylang, myrrh or one of your own favorite essential oils.

Massages are the de riguer at day spas. They are also offered at deep discounted rates at local collages with massage therapy training programs.

Another option is to ask your significant other to give you a massage, but be advised that making that choice could lead to other activities. Ah, but that could also relieve stress and put a smile on your face.

Now, if you are like me you cannot afford the luxuries of going to a day spa. That is where my hubby comes in. He has rubbed my back in a non sensual way with the oils that I have created. Of course I too have often rubbed the hubby's back in return.

One of my most favorite oils that I have created that helps as a great stress reliever:

Sweet Oil (For a one time use, use approximately 1 tablespoon to 1 and 1/2 tablespoons)
3 drops of Lavender oil
5 drops of Neroli Oil (or Sandalwood)
4 drops of Bergamot Oil (or ylang ylang)

Shake

You can find these oils at the pharmacy section of Walmart or in any health food store.

We often combine a nice massaging back rub with a footbath. Here is a recipe I use in our footbath

Combine in a large bowl with a lid or zip lock baggie
1 Cup of Epsom Salt
1 Cup of Sea Salt
2 Cups of Baking Soda
4 Drops of Lavender Oil
Shake

When ready to use pour 1/4 Cup into your footbath.

Just For Today: I will find a way to release some of the tension and the stress, even if it is only with a footbath!

From the book:  Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment