Monday, June 27, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #15 Nourish Your Inner Being

Today is Day #15 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about meditation and relaxation

The book says,

Nourish your inner being by diving into meditative reflection, centering and grounding yourself, and endeavoring to deepen the experience.

According to Harvard scientist Herbert Benson, who has conducted studies on Buddhist meditation and the effect of the mind on the body, when you turn inward through meditation, complex activity in the brain takes place.

That activity actually calms the body, reduces the stress levels, and promotes healing. Eventually a period of quietude is reached and as your concentration deepens you experience a disconnect between the body and the mind. Some people describe that experience as one of awesome peace and joy.

I spend about fifteen minutes in the early morning meditating. For the past six months or so I am very sensitive to the energies around me, especially the negative energies. I borrowed a book from a friend and am learning how to control the balance of energy as well as maintaining the balance of my chi. This is all done through meditation, aromatherapy oils and candles.

I have had some close to me question me about why I am doing this. A few have even told me that meditating goes against the Christian Principles. To me, Spirituality can come to us in many forms. I love the peace that comes through meditation and clearing my mind.

Just For Today: I will Meditate and Concentrate on Peace and Joy

From the book: Live Happy





No comments:

Post a Comment